We're happy to announce the release of the second pachno alpha. Please keep in mind that Pachno is still unfinished, alpha software.
With Pachno we are building an open platform for collaboration for individuals and teams of all types, shapes and sizes. Built with - and on - open source technologies, Pachno is a platform to empower creative individuals and bring teams together.
This alpha release is the next step in laying the foundation for this platform. Please give us your feedback and comments on what we've built so far and where to go moving forward.
A lot of effort has gone into making sure this alpha release is usable, but it is still alpha software. Do not install it on production servers.
When you encounter bugs or problems, please let us know in this thread. As soon as we're confident, an official issue tracker will be made available.
Highlights in this release:
- The permission system rewrite has been completed, which greatly improves managing permissions across users, groups and teams
- The module subsystem has been enabled
- Support has been added back in for outgoing email
- Experimental code commit and discussions functionality
- Experimental support for importing projects, code, issues and comments from Github
- Added support for private projects
- Replaced deprecated PHPExcel with PHPSpreadsheet – PR #6
Here is a list of known issues:
- Unfinished features have been disabled. If buttons, links or menu items are disabled, this is probably on purpose.
- There is no support for upgrading from the previous alpha. If you have tried alpha 1, you will have to reinstall
- Some configuration sections are still disabled in this release.
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of disabled features:
- Custom authentication backends
- Project releases
- Multi-server hosted installations
You can find more information about the release, as well as download links on pachno.com